Freelance HTML Coder usually write pages of excruciating code, fondle, and twiddle with it to get it to work.
Well, not exactly, they do all the things mentioned above, but as you may be aware there is more to it than simply investing time.
In this article I will discuss all you need to know about becoming a successful freelance html coder.
HTML coders like other coders formulate strategies, develop, execute, and log code.
HTML is one of the most important languages to learn and master and its applications stretch from simple code to layered multi-faceted code.
Some coders work for recognised IT organisations and sometimes take up other projects by the side.
Another group of coders freelance fulltime and still manage to make enough money as their corporate counterparts.
The latter group’s numbers continue to rise, as the opportunities and attractive pay scales, offer a more viable and lucrative option to office work.
Freelance HTML Coder Job Duties
HTML coders have a host of duties, which they must fulfill at the job.
As a freelancer, there are certain job duties that you will have to fulfill along with developing the code. Some of the important ones are listed here:
- Have the ability to code
- Develop and writes computer programs to store, locate and retrieve specific documents, data and information
- Manipulate text and graphics to produce consistent presentation across all browser platforms
- Work with all platforms, including PC, MAC and UNIX
- Control industrial processes
- Understand graphic design and digital layout basics
- Understand the possibilities and restrictions within HTML layout
- Encode audio and video into real format
- Have a working knowledge of macromedia flash
- Understand how data is displayed from a database (i.e. editing, deleting, adding information, etc.)
There are many HTML skills that you should consider acquiring and honing to do well as an HTML coder. To do well in the field of HTML development, you must:
- Patient and persistent
- Be thorough and detail oriented
- Able to think logically and critically
- Have good judgment
- Be able to communicate orally and in written form
- Able to create websites using not only HTML, but XML, Java, CSS and other languages
- Use organizational skills effectively
- Able to solve problems intuitively
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Be professional
- Able to work as part of a remote team
- Be able to multitask and meet project deadlines
You can learn most of the skills you need as a HTML coder online. W3Schools, Code Academy, html.net, Htmldog and Lyndaoffer various HTMLcourses, both paid-for and free resources.
Being Successful as A Freelance HTML Coder
HTML is an important part of most websites and as such, a coder’s acumen is best judged by the functionality of a website, the innovations in the work and the functionalities you add to its code, and how it performs.
However, employers usually measure a freelance HTML coder’s success in much the same way that they measure other freelancers: ratings and reviews.
There are many other aspects to being successful than simply a review and a rating. Some of the ways you can get on the path to success as an HTML coder include:
- Building a technical portfolio, contributing to open source projects like GitHub
- Being an algorithmic, analytical thinker
- Understanding a technical problem and trying to overcome it, and not simply modifying the code until it works.
- Networking with people, leveraging your network to find work
- Being able to develop a good working relationship with employers
Html Coder Salary
How much money can you earn as an HTML coder who freelance full time.
Websites dominate online business and brand recognition, and the demand for eye-catching and neatly designed websites has increased.
Usually freelance portals offer two generic kinds of payment models to freelancers.
Fixed-price, where the price is usually pre-determined and a budget is sanctioned which you can bid for, and the hourly payment model where the employer decides on an hourly pay.
Usually a fixed price model may range from $50-500 upwards, while you have to pitch for hourly projects, which usually range from $5-30 an hour, with average payments at $19 per hour.
Finding work as a freelance HTML coder is not difficult and there are many portals where you can advertise your services.
It is a reasonably well-paid job and there are thousands of opportunities for prospective work-at-home coders like you.
HTML development is a solid career option, and it is a skill set essential to the digital market.
Many portals and websites like Elance, Odesk, Guru, Peopleperhour and Freelancer offer many jobs for freelance HTML coders like you.
As HTML coders, there are many resources available to you that can help you hone your skills.
Many websites, channels and even forums offer training videos, interactive training sessions and exercise and demo pages where you can test code.
The courses are mostly free, but in some cases there are certain registration fees and even pay-per-lecture models on certain websites.