Facebook Pay, a single payment system that ties into all of the things under the FB Umbrella – Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Facebook.
It makes it easier to shop, donate and send money to each other on the same platform.
Note that this is different from the Calibra wallet, used to handle Facebook Cryptocurrency Libra.
However, it supports most major credit and debit cards as well as PayPal. Payments are processed in partnership with companies like PayPal, Stripe, and others around the world.
With Facebook Pay you can:
- Add your preferred payment method once then use it was available to make payments and purchases on our apps, instead of having to re-enter your payment information each time
- Set up it app-by-app, or choose to set it up for use across apps (where available)
- View payment history, manage payment methods and update your settings in one place
- Get real-time customer support via live chat in the US (and in more places around the world in the future)
- Clearly, understand which payment services are part of Facebook
How it Works
You can start using it on Facebook or Messenger with just a few taps:
- Go to “Settings” > “Facebook Pay” on the Facebook app or website
- Add a payment method
- The next time you make a payment, use Facebook Pay
It is rolling out first to Facebook/Messenger… before WhatsApp and Instagram; also rolling out first to the US before other countries.
You can check out more information on pay.facebook.com